Thursday, January 24, 2019

Peace of Mind

Peace of Mind
I see you stewing
the way I live, the way I think
it bothers you
I hear you using these strong words
such as “I” and “Hate” and “You”
but just between friends
your metaphysical perception of your experience
is going to get a lot worse
and that clock endlessly ticking away up there on the wall
tells us both that things aren’t likely to change
any time soon
and so, technically speaking
you don’t know the definition of “Hate”
one day, you’ll understand
the value of a gift that keeps on giving
there are some presents
whether of the Santa, Menorah, or birthday variety
that don’t come with a price tag:
You’ll never know what hate truly is
and someday
I know you’ll have the ability and the peace of mind
to thank me

No comments:

Post a Comment